In The Picture engaged JSD to design and develop a refreshed website.
The current website challenges we need to solve
- The current website is 9 years old and using outdated technology
- The website is not responsive meaning it doesn’t operate across the modern devices and platforms their clients and potential clients are using
- Updating content is not easy
- The website needs to be visually engaging
How we have approached it
To ensure the most effective website is developed for the client, we set out to determine the User Experience (UX) Design. The UX stage is particularly important because it sets a solid foundation for the website’s success.
For the team at In The Picture, this stage created a great opportunity to participate in the design process and to address the current barriers and issues with the existing website. The following shows a little of the process.
1. Initial meetings were facilitated by JSD to understand the ‘must haves’, wish list, technical requirements and creative direction.
2. Following these sessions, we provided a return brief and included industry and competitor research as well as a proposed site map.
3. Once the brief was approved, we created the user flow and the wireframes for the websites where the content structure is established.
The end result of UX design stage is a clear understanding of how the site will operate, be structured and content placed in order to build the (UX) stage of the project. The next stage is the User Interface (UI) stage where we bring the website design to life.